So I have enjoyed the last week, my first week of summer vacation. We cleaned a little bit and got C.J. ready and off on his grand adventure (a school trip to Williamsburg and D.C.) and now I have gotten myself a little organized. I have knitting and quilting and spinning projects all going at once, this way I can work on whatever I want to, whenever I want to.
I have four active knitting projects right now. I say active because I have at least twice that on the needles hiding somewhere. I am working on a cowl and fingerless mitts to go with the teal jacket I got last year. I am working on a shawl as a gift for Christmas out of my hand-spun, I can't tell who it's for because it's a surprise. I am trying to finish up my Color Affection shawl so I can actually use it this fall. Last but not least, I am working on a Shrug This for my self out of my hand-spun. I am trying to finish these up before our trip out of town, which is next week, but a girl can hope.
 |
| Cowl and Mitts |
 |
| Surprise Shawl |
 |
| Color Affection |
 |
| Shrug This |
The quilting project I am working on is a bag for K.T. to take on our road trip. I am also going to try to make one for myself, but I haven't started it yet. K.T's is taking a long time because she wanted pretty stitching for the bag, now that the main quilting part is done, I just need to work on the pockets and the straps, put the lining in and be finished.
 |
| K.T.'s bag |
|
 |
| Close up of stitching |
I have also started a new spinning project which I will not finish before we leave. My goal for this summer is to spin enough of my stash to end up with several projects worth of yarn. I have a new pattern book on it's way to me and I want to make at least three of the sweaters in it. Instead of buying the yarn for them, I am going to spin it. I will hopefully make a lot of progress toward this goal next month during the Tour de Fleece, which is just a bunch of people on Ravelry spinning along with the Tour de France. Lots of spinning for me in July.
 |
| Abstract |
 |
| Abstract and Sage |
My first sweater quantity spin of the summer will be Abstract on Corriedale and Sage on Wool Blend from Spunky Eclectic. When I received Abstract as part of my fiber club a couple of years ago, I loved it so much that I ordered 8 more ounces. I had been planning to spin it for a traditional three-ply but the I think this darker 4oz bump will go great with the 4oz of Sage I have. I am hoping to spin them together for a lace-weight, two-ply yarn and get enough yardage to make a fantastic sweater.
No comments:
Post a Comment